New Columbia Subscription to Lynda.com
A new two-year license has been obtained by various Columbia departments to provide access to Lynda.com to faculty, staff and students. Lynda.com is an online service that provides video-based tutorials and resources on just about every web and software technology you might wish to explore. Lynda.com is widely recognized as a trusted educational resource.
Access via Web Browser
To access Columbia's Lynda.com site from a web browser, your UNI and a new URL is necessary:
- Columbia UNI access: http://bit.ly/cu_lyndadotcom
Please update your bookmarks.
Access via iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
The Lynda.com app is an alternate method for accessing the content. You can download the app from iTunes for your iOS device: Lynda.com iOS app.
Here's how to use it the iOS app with the Columbia campus program:
- Start the lynda.com app your iOS device
- Select the Web Portal Access button from the login options
- On the "Web Portal Access" field, enter: columbia.edu
- Enter your UNI and password on the Columbia authentication page
- Start learning...