On December 27, CUIT made several improvements to CourseWorks, Columbia’s course management system, which has returned to its regular address at http://courseworks.columbia.edu.
The system improvements include:
- Interface changes allow faculty and administrators to more easily enable student access to courses during each semester’s shopping period.
- Students can opt-in to show their own photo and see peers’ photos via the “Roster” tool.
- Faculty can embed video from Vimeo and Youtube throughout the course site.
- The Files & Resources section has new tools to simplify hiding and unhiding files.
- Group management has been streamlined, which is especially useful for large courses.
Jan-06-2012: Faculty Workshops for January 2012
Dec-30-2011: Video Tutorials For New CourseWorks Available On YouTube
Dec-30-2011: New CourseWorks Upgrade Adds Features, Improves Interface
Oct-18-2011: New CourseWorks Transition at CUMC Off to a Great Start
Sep-07-2011: Fall Premiere 2011 Features Sakai LMS Transition
Aug-02-2011: Systems Go for New CourseWorks (Sakai)
May-17-2011: New CourseWorks Powered by Sakai
Jan-26-2011: CourseWorks Downtime Survival Guide
Feb-18-2008: Spring Courses Evaluating Sakai
Jul-26-2004: Sakai Project at Columbia