Conversations on Online Learning
CCNMTL and the Provost's Office are hosting a series of of public talks by leading experts on the future of education, specifically around online learning issues. When possible, the presentations will be recorded and made available to the public. Future talks will be announced on the CCNMTL website and CCNMTL's mailing list.
- Brian Greene, a professor of physics and mathematics at Columbia University, discussed his latest project, World Science U, with writer Claudia Dreifus and Maurice Matiz, director CCNMTL.
- Marcia C. Linn, University of California, Berkeley, presented “Innovations in Online Education: What Works?”
- Anant Agarwal, president of edX and a professor of electrical engineering and computer science at MIT, presented "Reinventing Education."
- Al Filreis, Kelly Professor of English, Faculty Director of the Kelly Writers House, University of Pennsylvania, presented: "Open Access Humanities, Open Pedagogy: Exploring The Communitarian Possibilities of MOOCs."
- Chris Dede, Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education
- Audrey Watters, leading freelance writer in the education field and author of the blog Hack Education
- Candace Thille, Director of the Open Learning Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University
- Jeffrey Selingo, editor at large of The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Daphne Koller, Stanford University professor and co-founder of Coursera