Silfen Forum: Open Learning and The Future of Higher Education
The Silfen Forum at UPenn, held yearly at the Irvine Auditorium, featured a distinguished panel discussing “Open Online Learning and the Future of Higher Education.” The event coincided with the Coursera Partners' Conference, which added to the level of interest on the UPenn campus.
The April 5, 2013 panel:
- Amy Gutmann,President, University of Pennsylvania
- Daphne Koller, co-founder, Coursera
- Martha J. Kantor, Under Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Thomas Friedman, Columnist, New York Times
- William E. Kirwan, Chancellor, University System of Maryland
The webcast is worth watching in its entirety. There are many highlights, but Thomas Friedman’s comment on the second revolution (16:55 – 20:56) stands out as a soundbite.